Calendar module enables users to keep track of calls, meetings, and tasks. Users can collaborate on activities and maintain a history of all previous activities by linking them to specific records in the CRM (Ex: Organizations, Contacts, and Opportunities).CRM offers 2 types of Calendar records:
- Events: scheduled calls and meetings.
- To Dos: tasks to complete within a given time frame.
Events and To Dos together are called Activities.
There are two possible views in the homepage of Calendar Module.
- Calendar can be viewed in different views namely: Day, Week, Month, and Year.
- The default view of Calendar is Week for admin users and Day for normal Users.
- Users can change their default view; to achieve this, go to My Preferences and select desired view in the Default Calendar view pick list field.
- And again, you can switch to either Calendar view or List view for Events.
- Navigate to the record detail page to which the to do is to be associated.
- Click Add to do link from Actions menu or go to Activities section .
- In Create to Do screen, enter the details of the task.
- Provide inputs to send notification; relate to do with a record, if required.
- Click Save to create the To Do or Cancel to go back.