Text Editor For Web Development
Atom is a text editor that’s modern, approachable, yet hackable to the core—a tool you can customize to do anything but also use productively without ever touching a config file.
Key Features :
- Cross-platform editing
- File system browser
- Smart auto-completion
- Highly extendable
- Multiple panes (Compare and Edit the code)
- Find and replace (Replace the text across all your projects)
The entire Atom editor is free and open source and is available under the https://github.com/atom organization.
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License. Personally I’ve loved to coding with this text editor.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- PCRE (Perl Compatible Regular Expression) Search/Replace
- Auto-Completion (Word completion, Function completion)
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Macro recording and playback
Sublime Text is a cross-platform text and source code editor with a Python application programming interface (API). It natively supports many programming languages and markup languages.
- Goto Anything
- Project-specific preferences
- Cross platform (Windows, OS X, Linux)
- Compatible with many language grammars from Textmate
- Plugin API
- Multiple Selections
- Split Editing
So the above list is about me only, You can also suggest any other text editor that’s best match of web development.